Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hummus, hummus, I love hummus

Does anyone remember that kids' song about mud? It goes


Mud, mud, I love mud
I'm absolutely, positively, wild about mud!
I can't go around it, I've gotta go through it.
Beautiful, fabulous, super-duper mud!

This is how I feel about hummus now. 

Hummus, hummus, I love hummus. 
I"m obsessed, crazy in love, with that splendor that is hummus. 
Smoothy, creamy, slightly spicy too, 
Oh so tasty, oh so healthy, super-duper hummus!

I dined at the Chickpea Cafe here in Bozeman last Saturday and my dinner was divine. I even ate my pita bread, (which I am sure was made with wheat flour) but I couldn't hold back and I figured I am allowed to splurge and live a little bit. 

I ordered their vegetarian plate and I chose the falafel, basmati rice and hummus. I can't even begin to explain how amazing this food was. The falafel, crispy on the outside with a chewy, tangy center were delicious. And the basmati rice with the kishmish (sauteed raisins and onion) was so warm and inviting and a wonderful side dish. I dipped my falafel, tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce in the hummus and from that moment on I was hooked. 

I don't have a picture of my oh so delicious meal, but next time my camera will be ready to capture the sights and textures and colors of my beautiful Mediterranean meal at the Chickpea Cafe! 

But seriously, if you ever come to Bozeman, or live here already, you need to experience a meal there. It is a truly authentic restaurant with a super friendly staff, speedy service and the place to go for a tantalizing, hearty and unique meal. 

http://www.chickpeabozeman.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment