Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Bleak and Grey of February

Oh February, if it wasn't for Valentine's Day I would completely and totally loathe this month. The sun hardly ever warms my skin and the constant grey of Missoula is enough to make me want to curl up in bed of quilts and hibernate until April, maybe May. 

However, even below these dreary clouds and the trudging through melting snow, I have been blessed with love and good food. I made a trip to Bozeman to visit my one and only love for Valentine's Day and my taste buds were revived and jumping for joy! Gluten free pizza with soy cheese, pineapple, tomatoes, basil and almonds at Colombo's Pizza, handmade with care and love,  sandwiches from the Co-Op, a steaming bowl of oatmeal with gluten free toast topped with homemade jam springy with apricots and raspberries at Nova....my stomach growls and I drool just remembering all this delicious and satisfying food! 

And again I wonder, why isn't Missoula like this? I apologize for not having any photographic evidence of my decadent, delicious and oh so satisfying meals(well to me they're decadent because I didn't have to cook them and I shared most of them with the person I love), but next time there will be proof!

Thank goodness for the Good Food Store, otherwise I would be trapped in my own kitchen, never knowing the pleasure of a meal cooked by someone else's hands when I just don't have the will. Really Missoula, get a clue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment