Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I have to say this new chapter has brought me more hope and faith than I have ever known before, and I am reminded of something my pastor at my Missoula church said a few months ago:
I am always going into a situation where God is already at work, and God is always doing more than I can imagine.
One of God's works that I have already witnessed in my new life is the opportunity I had to go swing dancing on Friday night with North End Swing. The teachers and other dancers were so warm and inviting and just down right fun! It was so inspiring to watch them, their bodies seeming to move without a thought, just stepping in time with the music and beat of their hearts.
This night brought me the same joy that music and dancing always do, alongside new friendships and the rhythm of the footwork, "rock step, triple step, triple step, rock step." I went to bed with the moves still in my body, eager to learn more and expand my dancing horizons.
With this change in scenery has also come an inspiration to experiment in my very own kitchen filled with new porcelain pots and pans and storage galore for all my allergy free foods! This week I made a rice, bean and vegetable stir fry.
My ingredients included:
1 cup Jasmine rice
1 can garbanzo beans
Fresh broccoli stalks
Chopped carrots
Sliced red onion
Chopped scallions
1 can water chestnuts
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Garlic and herb seasoning
To make this stir fry I first cooked the rice, letting it simmer on the stove for about 25 minutes, placing the beans in the pot in the last 5-10 minutes. While the rice was cooking I chopped my veggies and sauteed them in a pan with olive oil and the garlic/herb seasoning. Once the onions became clarified, I removed the vegetables from the heat and spooned my portion onto my plate with some rice and beans.
On a final note, yesterday I explored the Kalispell Farmer's Market! While nothing will compare to the Missoula markets, I did pick up a beautiful sweet white onion, a bag of bright red grape tomatoes, 1 pound of sweet, tart Bing cherries, and a juicy cucumber with a flavor that can not be matched by any cucumber bought in the grocery store. With summer in full swing and fall just around the corner, I look forward to even more Saturdays at the market as the crops begin to bring in squash, apples, pumpkins and more seasonal produce.
I finish today with a quote from Henry David Thoreau that hangs on my refrigerator: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."
Well said Mr. Thoreau, and with patience and faith, dreams can become reality. It just takes time and a few road blocks along the way.
Well said Jen! Congratulations on turning the corner to a brand new life! XOXO
ReplyDelete