After nearly a month of teaching school, and days filled with sheer joy and utter frustration, I have to remind myself to take it one day at a time. If I don't complete a lesson there is always tomorrow, and if just one student has a fabulous day and writes a sentence with correct punctuation and spelling, then that is a small success I will gladly take.
However, even though I love my job and feel I have made great progress in the classroom, the external transition to the Flathead Valley has still been a work in progress. While I feel so at home and in the perfect place for me at this time in my life, I certainly have a long way to go. Building friendships and relationships takes time and I must remind myself that for everything there is a time and season. Just as the leaves of Autumn are transforming into brilliant reds, oranges, and golds that fall to the ground and crinkle under my feet, so will my life continue to transform and every stumble and celebration shall too come to pass.
I do want to say how great it was to have one of my best friends visit me a few weeks ago :) We ate delicious, simple meals together composed of hummus, fresh veggies, egg rolls and my assortment of breakfast granolas. She even brought me fresh veggies from a garden....sigh. Doesn't get any better than sweet garden cucumbers, zesty tomatoes and crispy snap peas dipped in a bowl of creamy hummus, all shared with the company of a friend.
Our time together was topped off with a night of swing dancing on a cruise ship around Flathead Lake and at the a beautiful ballroom in Kalispell. I have continued my swing dancing and I have definitely acquired quite a taste for it now. I forgot how alive dancing makes me feel, so it's no surprise that I have now started to put on my music and dance to my heart's content on my awesomely perfect for dancing hardwood floors whenever the day just seems too much.
What can I say, I may be nearing my 27th birthday but I am still very much a child at heart that might never really grow up ;)
As Ecclesiastes 3 states:
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend..."
No comments:
Post a Comment