Sunday, October 12, 2014

Americano, a Breakfast Bar and Hope

Today on a gorgeous fall Sunday in the Flathead Valley I found hope, joy and the kindilings of new relationships and opportunities to serve. After attending a new church and indulging in an Americano and a gluten and dairy free breakfast bar at Colter Coffee, I was filled with hope and renewed with faith that I felt had abandoned me.

Walking into Hope Church this morning I felt a strength fill me and guide me to let it all go. When the pastor was speaking, he said he had a feeling that there would be a person at church this morning who felt ice cold, far from God, abandoned and alone. He then said he had a picture in his head of a sword coming down upon that ice and breaking it, letting the heat and love of God back into the human soul. He then asked that anyone feeling alone be brave and raise their hands, letting it be known that they were in need of prayer and hope.

I don't know how many other people raised their hands, but the pastor's description of feeling ice cold, away from the heat of God and alone was exactly how I felt. So, I was bold and raised my hand, my eyes spilling over with tears of release, hope and a renewing of my faith.

After I put my hand proudly in the air, I was suddenly surrounded by a group of women who placed their hands on me, praying for me...a complete stranger to their church but a daughter of God and sister in Christ. I was astounded though, for they didn't even know my name and yet they treated me like family. They told me that I was not there by accident and I fully believe that. One woman even told me she had a vision of Jesus wrapping His arms around me, filling me with God's love for me and my life. It was a very powerful experience that brought me to tears while I received warming hugs and words of comfort.

I am beyond grateful for the power God gave me to venture into a new church, just me and my brokenness, my yearning for relationships and my vacant heart. I hope to join their worship team as well, singing with a full and thankful heart.

Once again, my blog post has reached far beyond food, but my allergen free breakfast bar at Colter Coffee was so satisfying. Filled with oats, coconut, cranberries and chocolate chips it was the perfect addition to my steaming cup of coffee and lesson book as I planned for the next few weeks of school.

Yesterday I explored a book store in Whitefish and snapped a few photos of the fall colors there as well.





After the service, I spoke with the pastor's wife. She was so kind and welcoming and reminded me to just keep holding onto the words God spoke to me, the way He made me feel and the hope He gave me. Because it is easy to let the enemy squeeze between the cracks, but as difficult as it may be somedays, holding on with all your might and fighting for hope, a rich live and love is what will get you through.


I also took time to workout outside today and came upon this solitary leaf. A symbol perhaps of the loneliness we all feel, but it's bright golden color filled me with warmth, as it shone in the autumn sun, a reflection of the light back inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment