However, last night I attended a women's fellowship dinner with some amazing, loving and caring women from my new church. God's work was clearly evident as I came to find out that three of the women know my cardiologist and one of them works at Natural Grocers, my weekly shopping spot in town. Just another reminder that even when I feel like the sole leaf still clinging to the tree or the last snowflake to melt in the sun of spring, I am never alone and as my pastor back in Missoula said many times before: "God is always doing more than I can imagine and I am always going into a situation where God is already at work." While some days it might be difficult to remember, it is true.
My fellowship group also discussed taking time each day to count your blessings. While it may sound corny and like a line from a Hallmark movie, it is true as well. Thus, I created my own God's Gifts and Blessings Jar. Each day I will write down a blessing, no matter how small, date it, fold it, and place it in my jar. After a year, you are meant to take them all out and see how God has put together the pieces for you.
On another food note....today I had a lovely lunch with my co-worker and dear friend. We went to Bonelli's Bistro and it was such a relaxing, delicious and even elegant lunch. I ordered the Chicken Tarragon Salad with greens, candied pecans, cranberries, celery, sliced grapes, a pink champagne vinaigrette and rice chips that tasted homemade. That was my blessing for today, to converse over a satisfying and healthy meal with another wonderful woman that has entered my life, taken me under her wing and become a trustworthy and kind friend and confidante in the world of education.
After lunch I went back to Colter Coffee and ordered my Americano and breakfast bar again. I swear, with coffee in hand I was able to plan for the coming week of school with more ease than usual ; )
I end tonight's post with a few pictures of the towering maple tree in my front yard that glimmered in the morning sun yesterday. A very good start to my fall break.
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:
Post a Comment