Thursday, December 22, 2011

Is That Really Frosting?

Experience tells me that vanilla frosting should be white and creamy, silky to the touch and oh so sweet. However, when frosting my Christmas sugar cookies I did not find this to be true, well except the tasting sweet part.

I used a mix of Pamela's Vanilla Frosting Mix. For whatever reason as soon as I added water to the mix, just as the recipe called for, the frosting turned the color of nude pantyhose! It was a disappointment, but it does taste good and the sprinkles I delicately shook atop each cookie help to jazz them up a bit. 

But, a batch of GF/DF Christmas cookies, despite their not so festive appearance, are better than no cookies at all! Or better than Pillsbury which would throw my stomach into convulsions for days. 

Just another lesson learned along my way, I know someday soon I will solve my frosting woes. For now I can wish myself a Merry Christmas with a few scrumptious sugar cookies, however discolored they may be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment